Tamil Cinema Predicting 500 and 1000 Rupee notes demise.

Veteran Tamil Film Makers have predicted well in advance about the demise of the 500 and 1000 Rupee notes. This included the icons of Tamil Cinema Super Star Rajinikanth and Ulaga Nayagan Kamal Hassan giving insights in their respective films. While Ulaga Nayagan made gave us just an insight about what would happen in a quite older of the tamil films, the Super Star has explicitly mentioned it in a not so old film of his. There’s been a reference in another film too. Read More to Know.


The end card of the super hit movie by our very own Super Star Rajinikanth had a news paper report saying “If 500 and 1000 rupee notes aren’t exchanged within a month they’d be announced deficit and counterfeit”. The film written by Sujatha and Shankar had a story line of an American Indian fighting against corruption. The film ended with the sequence of the government putting an end to the black money menace.


However Ulaga Nayagan Kamal Hassan gave us a rather glimpse about the higher denominations going out of system. Check out this song “Pachaikiligal tholodu” from “Indian” (also directed by Shankar) where the Ulaga Nayagan is found making paper boats from Rupee Notes.


This was a lighter scene from the Vijay Antony starrer – Pichaikaran Movie. However this scene had a direct impact in many other people’s minds about should the 500 and 1000 rupee notes be banned? This scene gave a direct insight about 500 and 1000 rupee notes being one of the main reasons black money are being stacked. The scene includes a begger giving his opinion to a live program stating why 500 and 1000 Rupee notes should be banned. Check this out.

“The poverty in our country is mainly because of tax evasion. All the money which are hidden from taxes are stored in the denominations of 500 and 1000. Only 20% of people in the country use 500 and 1000 rupee notes. The rest of the 80% have just one or two 1000 rupee notes and are searching for coins. If it’s a 1000 rupee note, even 100 crores can be contained in two big suitcases while in cases of 100 or 50 rupee notes, a big house will be needed! It won’t be safe. People would start getting scared of their money getting robbed, legal encounters with the police, income tax raids, gold investment wouldn’t be much an option due to price fluctuations. Real Estate investments may lead to their lands being seized once the Government changes. Depositing in the bank would be the only choice left. But if they do so they’d be left paying heavy taxes. If all the rich people in the country paid their taxes honestly, not just poverty, even there wont be any beggars left in the country.!”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here



“Justice For Lavanya” Trends After Tamil Nadu Girl Student Died Due To Forced Religious Conversion !!

Hashtag "Justice for Lavanya" is trending in the micro blogging social media site after a 17 year old 12th standard studying student ended her...

“Fruits Are Poison & White Sugar Must Be Banned” – Vettri Maaran’s Open Statement !!

Film director Vettri Maaran, in his recent interview with film critic Baradwaj Rangan, talked about his lifestyle and about how he has been consuming...

“Mannai Sadhik Brutally Attacked By Public For Harassing A Woman”- Mannai Himself Explains On It !!

Mannai Sathik is an actor and a social media influencer, who rose to fame by posting his dubsmash videos in his Facebook account. He...

Shah Rukh Khan Praised “Vada Chennai” Unexpectedly & Here’s How Dhanush Reacted !!

Vada Chennai is easily one of the most-anticipated movies of this year. Directed by Vetrimaaran of Visaaranai fame, the film has Dhanush in the...

Director Slammed Actors For Posting Work Out Videos !!

As soon as the lockdown was announced by Prime minister Narendra Modi, people are finding ways to keep them engaged. Now, India's one of...