“Shawarma” Trending After A 16 Year Old Girl Died Eating The Food Item !!

Written by Dhiwaharan Published on May 06, 2022 | 18:47 PM IST | 311

shawarma

After the death of a 16 year old girl who died of eating “Shawarma”, Officials of the Tamilnadu food safety department have taken steps to crackdown on Shawarma shops that fail o maintain hygiene. The Commissioner, department of Food safety, Tamil nadu has issued directions to the officers in the district to carry out inspections at shawarma shops and submit a report soon.

The 16 year old girl has been identified as Devananda and was admitted to a hospital named Chevvathur. Later the evening, a dozen other people were admitted to the hospital over the sickness that caused by eating Shawarma at an eatery located in “Chevvathur”. As soon as the reports on a number of Shawarma making food eateries violating the rules and selling expired food items surfaced, hashtag “Shawarma” is trending in the social media platforms with online users calling out the roll like north Indian food item.

Designated food officer of Kancheepuram and Chengalpattu named T. Anuradha alongside her team inspected shops at several locations in Kancheepuram on Wednesday including Rangaswamy Kulam, Kaavalan Gate, Keerai Mandapam and Kamatchi Amman Sannathi street among the others.

Nearly 10 Shawarma shops were found to be violating the guidelines issued by the Food Safety and standards Authority of India. The officials have taken samples from certain shops and have sent them to the food lab in Guindy for analysis. Officer Anuradha said that they inspected a total of 13 shops and 10 of hem were found to be violating the regulations as a result of which they have been fined Rs. 2000 for using single-use plastics.

Speaking to the media, Anuradha said that they were not satisfied with the hygiene and sanitation conditions. “We inspected storage points, the temperature in which the food items are maintained in the freezer, whether old chicken has been used etc. We enquired the shop owners whether they had adopted any pest control method and how they are disposing with the of the waste items. We also inspected the raw materials which were used to make Shawarmas”

Now, to our shock, reports surfaced saying that three students fell sick due to food poisoning after consuming Shawarma at Orthanadu in Thanjavur, Friday. I has been reported tha the students consumed Chicken Shawarma in a fast food hotel and returned back to hostel. Within minutes, the students developed health issues including vomiting. They are stable now after being admitted to Orathanadu Government hospital, according to report. It is also notable that Food safety eam raided several teams in Madurai and  seized 10 KG of stale chicken from five shops

Hashtag “Shawarma” started trending in he micro blogging social media site with reactions such as memes and posts flooding the internet making fun of Shawarma. Check out some of them below :

 

 

Top Post

Top Post

Vignesh Shivan Apologizes To Thalapathy Fans For This Reason??Check Why

Oct 09, 2023

Delhi: 19 Year Old Man Arrested For Urinating On A couple In Train!!

Oct 07, 2023

Chennai Man Gets Deposit Of Rs.753 Crores In His Bank Account!!

Oct 07, 2023

TTF Vasan’s Driving License Cancelled By RTO for 10 Years!!

Oct 07, 2023

Pradeep’s Inappropriate Question To A Female Contestant Stirred Controversy!!

Oct 06, 2023

Man Took Loan For Wife’s Education!! Check What She Did In Return

Oct 06, 2023

Amir Revealed His Marriage Plan With Pavni!!

Oct 06, 2023

Chenna Police Warned Public By Publishing TTF Vasan’s Accident Footage!

Oct 06, 2023

Lucknow : 17 Year Old Boy Arrested For Stealing Motorbikes To Buy Expensive Gift For His Friend!!

Oct 05, 2023

This Young Vijay TV Star To Act In Thalaivar 170 !!

Oct 05, 2023

“TTF Vasan’s Bike Should Be Burned” – Madras High Court

Oct 05, 2023

UP Woman Beats Policeman With The Slipper On Road!! Viral Video

Oct 05, 2023

CCTV Video Shows A Thief Barging Into IT Officer’s House While He Went To Ooty For Vacation With Family!!

Oct 05, 2023

Colombia Woman Slept With Ghost For 20 Long Years?? SHOCKING

Oct 04, 2023

Hyderabad: 5 Year Old Student Died After He Was Hit By His School Teacher!!

Oct 04, 2023

Chinmayi Met With Accident Due To A Drunk Driver??

Oct 04, 2023

Actor Siddharth Got Emotional On Stage!! Watch Video

Oct 04, 2023