Royal Enfield comes under Enfield Cycle company founded in 1893 and manufactured motorcycles, bicycles, lawnmowers etc. The very first Royal Enfield motorcycle was built in 1901. Royal Enfield Bullet is the brainchild of Enfield Cycle Company and is the longest-lived motorcycle design in the history. In 1955, Enfield of India was formed with Chennai (Madras) as its headquarters. From 1962, all the components needed were made in India. Siddhartha Lal is the present CEO of Royal Enfield. He took over the company when it was going to bankrupt and then the turnover happened. Royal Enfield motorcycles were the first priority at the time of World Wars and it is one of the oldest motorcycle companies. Presently, Enfield sells motorcycles in more than 50 countries. Today we decided to bring you the evolution of the Royal Enfield motorcycles right from 1893.
Here presenting you the evolution of Royal Enfield with their famous motorcycles over the years.!!
1. Royal Enfield Quadricycle -1893 :
2. Royal Enfield 425cc – 1913 :
Enfield supplied motorcycles in large numbers to British war department and the company also won a motorcycle contract for the Imperial Russian Government.
3. Royal Enfield 225cc – 1923 :
In 1924, Enfield launched the four-stroke 350cc engine.
4. Royal Enfield 250cc (11F) – 1939 to 1945 :
5. Royal Enfield Crusader – 1959 :
6. Royal Enfield Turbo Twin – 1965 :
7. Royal Enfield Interceptor – 1967 :
8. Royal Enfield Bullet – 1980 :
9. Royal Enfield Standard – 1990 :