Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit has accorded consent to the transfer of the Pollachi sexual assault and blackmail case to the CBI.
On Wednesday, the State government issued an order, invoking Section 6 of the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act, 1946 (Consent of State to exercise of powers and jurisdiction). The order, issued through the State Home Department, permitted the extension of powers and jurisdiction to members of the Delhi Special Police Establishment in the whole of T.N.
The CBI will investigate the two cases which were originally registered at the Pollachi East Police Station, Coimbatore district, bearing the crime numbers of 59 and 60/2019.
The development follows a proposal sent by Director General of Police T.K. Rajendran to the State government. Earlier on Tuesday, the Crime Branch-CID was entrusted with investigation of the cases.
On February 26, the girl’s brother handed over a complaint to the police station that he had been assaulted with a threat to his life by four persons – Senthil, Babu, Mani alias Manivannan and Vasanthakumar (who is different from the one arrested in the other case). Senthil, Babu and Vasanthakumar were arrested and released on bail while Nagaraj alias Muthusamy, was arrested on February 27 and remanded to judicial custody, the order added.
Meanhwile one of the accused “Bar” Nagarj has now released a video of him giving explanation about the news being spread in the social media. He has stated that he is involved in the threatening case and is out on bail and would fully cooperate with the police. Nagaraj has asserted that he is in no way involved in the scandal and asking people to see his full appearance and the man in video. He says that the one who is in the video is Sathish who is one among the arrested four. “The people of Pollachi knows everything about the one who is in the video” says Nagaraj in this video.
Source : Newsglitz
Recently a Tamil news channel released and satted that “Bar” Nagaraj is seen having illicit relationship with one of the victim and recorded it in cell phone.
In a horrifying case of sexual harassment reported from Pollachi, the police have arrested four people in connection with the case while the prime accused confessed there are more people involved. The case involves gang members who used to befriend women on social media websites luring them to meet and then forcefully shooting their obscene videos.
On the of victims filed an official based on which three people were arrested on April 24 while the main accused was arrested on March 6. Two FIRs were filed with the police in this case after which the gang members confessed to the crime. However, further investigation in the case is underway.