Ramzan might be a festival for Muslims, but it is a celebration for everyone. Yes, cause we get to have their awesome food, isn’t it? 😛 Even before wishing them ‘Eid Mubarak’, the first thing that we would ask is for their BIRYANI!! Wherever you might have your fair share of this amazing food, nothing can beat the taste of ‘RAMADAN BIRYANI’.
But, how about the other ‘SWEET’ dishes that are made on Eid? Just that they are smaller in size and become insignificant, though they are almost equally delicious.
Let’s have a look at them, shall we?
1. Sheer khurma is a popular Mughlai dessert recipe prepared with vermicelli and dried dates. The milk is first boiled till it is reduced and then cooked with fried vermicelli. The flavour of cardamom is simply mouthwatering and this tempting recipe is sure to give you a lip-smacking treat.
2. Shahi Tukra makes a perfect Ramzan. Truly a royal dessert, as its name suggests, Shahi Tukra is a rich bread pudding with dry fruits, flavored with cardamom. It’s simple to make and a great dessert for times when you’re in a hurry.
3. Phirni is a rice pudding and common sweet dish during the festivals. As Ramadan is going on, add this sweet dish to make the festive season a sweet and memorable one.
4. Bread halwa is a truly novel Indian dessert recipe. It is easy to make as bread cooks much quicker than carrots or dal. Also the ingredients for bread halwa are usually present in any Indian household.
5. Rava kesari is a rich and delicious Indian dessert. Kesar means saffron and anything made with kesar is bound to be an aromatic dish.
6. Fruit kheer is very similar to sweet rabri but with a fruit combination. The kheer can be served as a chilled dessert after meal.
7. Dates halwa is a delicious and nutritious dessert recipe to try out for Eid. To prepare this lip-smacking delight make sure that you use soft, de-seeded dates.
8. Sweet Choco Burfi Have you ever tried cocoa burfi recipe? If you are an ardent fan of burfi and chocolates, you can try this delicious blend of the two most sweet. Cocoa burfi is similar to the chocolate fudge.
9. Gulabi Phirni Firni is actually a part of the Mughlai cuisine. Traditionally, firni is a plain, creamy dessert served with almonds and pistachios in earthenware pots. But we have added a little twist by adding rose syrup to further enhance the taste of this exotic Indian dessert recipe.
10. Suji Ka Halwa It is prepared with dry fruits and saffron and served for breakfast. Suji ka halwa can be too sweet for your taste so, many people team it up with roasted chickpeas or papad and bhujia.
11. Kesar Pista Kheer The ingredients of this kheer recipe are very simple. The main ingredients that adds to the fine blend of flavours in this Indian dessert are kesar (saffron) and pista (pistachios).
12. Shahi toast is among one of the most awesome Indian sweets recipe. This bread recipe is very simple and hardly require minutes. Shahi toast is actually a kind of sweet toast that is made with milk, sugar and a lot of dry fruits and nuts.
13. Kaju Halwa This is probably the only halwa recipe using kaju (cashew) that can be prepared in less than half an hour. Kaju halwa is a delicious recipe of cashews and milk, the kaju is in fact sauteed in ghee.
14. Seviyan is just the usual ‘Payasam’ that we do at home using vermicelli.
Now other than Biriyani , which of these sweet you going to demand your Bhai friend !!