- As he himself will be appearing in most of his films Quentin Tarantino has appeared in more films than the films he has directed. Apart from the films he directed he has appeared in the films like From Dusk Till Dawn, Curdled, Desparado etc. He also gained the written credits alone for the films like True Romance, Natural Born Killers etc.
2. He is now reportedly worth $90million, but before he became rich he was so poor he couldn’t pay his parking tickets, so served time in jail instead. He said: “I was actually in jail three different times for tickets. I was picking up some dialogue, but I wasn’t in there for that. It was easier when you’re broke to do the time.”
3. He dislikes brand placements in films and creates imaginary brands to replace them in his own. These include the infamous Kahuna burger, as well as Red Apple Cigarettes, G.O. Juice, Jack Rabbit Slims and Teriyaki Donuts.
4.He has claimed he likes to leave 20% of the movie ‘unseen’ (for example, not showing you what is in the suitcase in Pulp Fiction) “so the movie is really yours”.
5. In Pulp Fiction, Samuel L. Jackson’s character, Jules, has a “Bad Mother F**ker” wallet that belongs to Tarantino in real life.
6.Kill Bill was Quentin Tarantino’s first feature-length film to have fewer than 100 instances of the word “fuck.” Over 450 gallons on fake blood were used in the two Kill Bill films.
7. Tarantino wrote Inglourious Basterds inbetween writing Jackie Brown and the Kill Bill films.
8. Tarantino was offered the job of directing Men in Black, but decided to turn it down.
9. He dropped out of school at the age of 16 to train to act at James Best Theatre Company. However, he became bored of this after two years and dropped out.
10. Leonardo DiCaprio requested the role of Calvin Candie in Django Unchained and Tarantino re-wrote the character to become younger to accommodate the actor.